Principal / tumuaki U4
Miramar Central School, Wellington
This is a re-advertised position with a change in start date to Term 1 2022.
Current applicants will still be considered and need not re-apply.
Miramar Central is looking for a new principal to join our team for the start of Term 12022. We are a Decile 5 school made up of staff who love teaching and approximately 220 children from over 30 different cultural backgrounds. We pride ourselves on celebrating diversity and ensuring inclusion for all, especially our special education students. Our values, Respect, Independence and Community are core to our school character.
You will be:
• an inspiring leader who can build on our initiatives and programmes, and maybe introduce some new ones
• able to nurture relationships and empower and inspire our students, staff, whānau and wider community
• knowledgeable about modern pedagogy and teaching practices
• able to share your experience of how to best enhance student achievement
• comfortable in a diverse community and able to bring people together to achieve a common goal.
Our children are our biggest asset. This is what they said they were looking for in their new principal: someone who encourages, motivates and celebrates, and makes opportunities for fun experiences, as well as classroom learning. PS we have a really cool bike track.
If you’re ready to lead a waka paddled by an enthusiastic and engaged team, an amazing diverse student body, and a supportive community in Te Motu Kairangi, then we’d love to hear from you.
We really encourage you to come and visit or get in touch for a chat.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 3rd September 2021
Application Packs are available from the School website:
Email all enquiries to: Georgie Miles Board Chair and Laura Snowden Education Consultant